"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 13:13:17 -0500
Vicky wrote, in part..
> I must admit I'm confused by Wayne's suggestion ...

To Bill, Vicky, Jeff and others:

I apologize for the confusion I've needlessly caused.  *I* missed that
Jeff modified mail before sending it to a list (I read the LSTOWN-L
digest, so I didn't see all the intervening discussion on editing
before I posted).

My response came from a mindset that something "From:" someone is
actually written by that person, and editing posts is too time
consuming and usually can't be done in a timely manner.  I understand
that others have differing needs and requirements.

On Bill's comment on multiple moderators:  could it be feasible for
LISTSERV to allow moderator response from any "Editor"/"Moderator",
rather than just the moderator?  Some of my would-be moderators have
trouble sending mail "From:" the same address as LISTSERV must send
"To:" them.

P.S. A few T-shirts delivered here a couple of weeks ago, but most have
not arrived yet (great design(s)!).

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith                 mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group -- CAPS          University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists