Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:14:34 PDT
I think your addressing problem (with Netcom's mailer) is created by
LISTSERV descriptions which are so long that they cause the text of the
LISTSERV message Sender or Reply-To header field(s) to be folded onto
two lines (or perhaps simply that the field is too long and Netcom
drops the text beginning with "<" (that contains the userid@fqdm).
(See OFFENDING HEADER? comment by me, below.)

I've seen this problem before, with Netcom users of LISTSERV lists with
long descriptions.

I'd argue, if I'm right about the cause, and if the cause (the long
descriptive text) is not contravening some RFC protocol spec, that
the Netcom users ought to go back to Netcom and insist that it produce
a conforming mail user/transport agent.
Peter R.