MIKEHOLLOWAY <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:59:59 -0400
I'm under the impression that there are a number of listowners subbed here
who are interested in list to Usenet gateway service.  If this is
incorrect, please let me know.

After 3 or 4 weeks of silence, I've gotten a response on bit.admin from
Peter M. O'Donnell at American U about admin authority of the
bit.listserv.* groups.  Apparently, admin authority is necessary for
changing the already existing groups.  Peter is going to keep that
authority till some undisclosed time in the future when he'll hand it over
to Newsguy.

I've finally stopped receiving posts from the American.edu
gateway server, so someone over there (probably Peter) is responding with
glacial slownesss, but they are responding.

Peter's post below:

[log in to unmask] wrote:
: Now that Newsguy is taking over the gateway duties from American
Univerisity,
: does anyone know if admin authority is needed for changing, or deleting,
: bit.listserv groups created by American University?  If so, can that
: authority be transferred?
        once we decide that everything is in good order, i will be happy to
give the keys to whoever at newsguy. until then, we (i) remain the sole
keyholder for the signatory stuff.
: I'll keep posting this at regular intervals.  No one's answered past
: inquiries, and no response has been forthcoming from American University
for
: several weeks now.
        just ask, we'll respond. we have been *very* busy. the mainframe
isn't scheduled to go away until the end of april 1999, so we have some
time
to get everything in line.      oh, and if you are reading and care---
WE ARE GETTING A NEW MACHINE TO HOST LISTSERV ON!!!!!!YEEEE!!!!- --
    Peter M. O'Donnell    }    [log in to unmask]    { "Cynicism was my
whiskey
Unix Systems Administrator{-------------------------}   and I had a few..."
   "Clickity-Clickity"    }      202-885-3806       {      -Bruce McCulloch

Mike Holloway