Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Jan 1995 19:18:15 +0001
On Wed, 4 Jan 1995, Trish Forrest wrote:

> Greetings,
> I am running listserv version 1.8a on a unix machine.  Below is an
> error I received when an attempt was made to send mail to the list
> and archive the mail.  I have checked the disk space..it is ok.  I
> have checked the permissions on the directories...and they are ok.
> The only discrepancy I can find between the msg below and the actual
> file is that the full path is /listserv/arch/D   <--note the capital

Thanks to Norm Aleks...  he identified the problem and the solution..
Listserv on unix can deal fine with upper case Listnames...even in
/etc/aliases (which I tested long ago)..however, for archiving, the
directory must be in lower case (something I didn't test).  Now I've
shed most of my VM habits.

Thanks again!

Sincerely, Trish
--
Trish Forrest
University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario Canada