Wed, 11 Oct 1995 16:21:33 EDT
A gentleman had set up an account for people to send suggestions to about
something, and set up a script to autoreply with a form thank you letter
whenever anyone sent a suggestion there.  Someone decided it would be
amusing to sign up this robot account to my mailing list, and so
OWNER-JAZZ-L started receiving an awful lot of thank you mail all of a
sudden.  It's all straightened out now, and no real harm done, but he's
concerned that whoever did it before may do it again.  He asked me if
there was some way to keep that account from being subscribed to any
lists.  I suspected the answer was no, but thought that it could do no
harm posing the question to the other, more knowledgable folks at
lstown-l.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jacob Haller
Listowner, Jazz-L