Rain Goddess <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:58:50 -0500
The message below is from one of our VETMED subscribers:
Dear List Owners:

I wanted to search the Vetmed archives and requested a password to do
so. I received and confirmed. Now I am being told

Your authentication ticket was obtained from another computer and is
only valid when used on that machine. Please log in again to continue.

I can't seem to proceed. Can you assist me?

This is the second subscriber to contact me about this
particular problem.  The site we run this list on has web
archives for the list.  When the first person presented this
problem, I had her cc: me on every step while she
changed the password.  Every message seeemed correct
in syntax, and the listserv gave her confirmation messages
that looked appropriate.  When I went in to the web archives
using her address and password, I had no problem - but she
would still get the "Your authentication ticket" error message
when using that same address and password.

I'm completely baffled by this.  The first subscriber to get this
problem used WEBTV, and I chalked it up to some peculiarity
specific to that system.  But this new problem comes from a
subscriber on home.com, which isn't an ISP I know much about.

Does anyone know how these subscribers can avoid getting
this message?

Stacy