Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:30:30 EST
I have been having problems adding subscribers/correcting names of those with
long email addresses.  The command line wraps to a second line (often just the
password is placed on the second line even though there is explicit no line
break entered) and I get an error message that Listserv needs a password.  See
below.  Is there a workaround?  Thanks.

> quiet add listname
[log in to unmask] John Smythe
pw=XXXXXXX
The  ADD command  requires  password validation  when  issued from  remote
locations. Please specify a "PW=" keyword followed by a suitable password.
Acceptable passwords are: your personal password (obtained through the "PW
ADD" command) and the password of  the MEDPHYS list. If you have forgotten
your password, send  a "PW RESET" command  to reset it or,  if this fails,
contact  the LISTSERV  administrator ([log in to unmask])  for
assistance.