Aldo Pier Solaris <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 05:57:58 GMT
[From nomail at lstown-l].

 Concerning Netcom.Com users.

 Recently, there  have  been  a  series  of  forged  subscriptions to
 several Internet sources  from  a/several  Netcom.Com  user/s.   The
 forgery   was  an  attack  to  the  US  President,  First  Lady  and
 Vice-President and  due  to  a  very  serious  lack  of  security at
 Netcom.com.

 The scientific  fora  I  manage  (i.e.  [log in to unmask],
 with  a  membership  of  1600++  academics  from  47  countries  and
 [log in to unmask], a forum for knowledge  transfer  between
 children  and  marine  scientists) were two of the targets.  Thus, I
 have decided to halt all  new subscriptions from users at Netcom.com
 unless I am certain that the security hole has  been  fixed  up  and
 [log in to unmask]   (and  both  fora)  receive  an
 apology from the Security Manager from Netcom.com.

     Aldo-Pier Solari/list owner.