Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:59:49 -0400
>so, in renaming a discussion group from from lista-l to listb-l, what
>steps are needed in having subscribers to listb-l have access to the
>archives from lista-l?  I have copied all archives to their
>correct location and have named them appropriately.  But listserv still
>kicks back a 'cannot find log****' message.  Is this even possible?

Certainly. What I do is get a copy of the list's file (use GETALL), then
I edit the list's header to change the Notebook keyword, if any. I then
change the PUTALL command to reflect the name of the new list, then place
it back on Listserv. There's a second step. If "lista-l" has its Notebook
keyword set to archive postings, you also need to rename the directory
where the archived postings reside. You can delete the individual *.ind
files, but rename the log files to reflect the list's new name. Then get
the new list and put it again so that it rebuilds its various index and
html files. You can than delete the old list.