Bo Kleve <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 12:50:04 +0100
Brian Lingard commented:

>I think (but would want to try a test) that
>making the send: editor on the open list and
>editor=editor-list
>for the open list should ship all mail sent to the open list to the
>entire list of editors for them to read.

I think I have solved my problems now with the help of Eric Thomas, Melvin
Klassen and you, and also reading once again a message I saved from Nathan
Brindle.

I have now set the list

* Send= Editor                    This forces mail to go to editor
* Reply-to= mail_address          Also say you want replies to editors
* Editor= mail_address            This will send to the editors
* Editor= (editors_list)          Here I allov the editors to post

With that setup it seems to work as I want it to. What made me stumble and
not think of the Editor= keyword was that it was to be an internetaddress.
Nothing about the possibility to have a listname as sender. (I have found
a source of Listserv help at http://www.earn.net/gnrt/listserv.html)

>Q: How will you prevent say 14 different editors on the editor-list from
>approving the same message for release to open-list?

We have talked about that and the editors will appoint one person to send
the message. That is why I have set up a list for them for their internal
chat. I have also warned them about the possibility of unwanted messages
slipping out with a CC:-line in the mail they comment.

>Just some thoughts.

Thank's, I could have forgotten it.

/BoK

 Bo Kleve                   Mail:  [log in to unmask]
 Linkoping University       Phone: +46 13 281761
 Sweden                     Fax:   +46 13 284400