Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:29:52 -0500
Hi,

We have been testing/evaluating LISTSERV and SMTP for sometime now and
consindering to purchase the said software. Della is our contact person at
LSoft. During our evaluation,everything has been working great. Recently we have
been trying to install a virtual server so that subscribers will not see the
actual server name when they get postings. Ever since we added a new IP (so that
it can be assigned to a Virtual server), LISTSERV has not been working. The Web
interface seems to be working alright (list management, administration
functions, etc) but what we are interested in is to post messages through email.
Every time a subscriber posts a message, it bounces back with an error message
similar to the one pasted at the end of this mail.

However, through the www, you can add subscriber to a list and a notification
mail will be send to a subscriber but he will get an error message if he tries
to reply or post to the list (as said above).

One of the things we have been thinking is that maybe LISTSERV does not know how
to work with multiple IPs (i.e. virtual servers). We have checked everything we
could think of and we are sure that other than LISTSERV itself, every
configuration in our server is correct. Please advice us on what we are doing
wrong or what we should do.

Best regards,

Res Batamula
SE0, ITS