"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jun 1993 07:44:00 EDT
> Didn't see the answer to this in the listowner's ref info, so here goes:  Who
> can delete subscribers other than the listowner?  Presumably the system
> administrator at the listserv site, but how about the postmaster (or other
> administrator) at the subscriber's node?  Would the asnwer change if the list
> were password protected?  Thanks. -- Phil Sollins (OTS-L)

The bitnet node's NAD is able to remove his/her subscribers at OTHER
Revised LISTSERV sites.  If the list is password-protected, then the
NAD must have a personal password assigned at the other site, and must
include it on the DEL command with the PW=pswd.

Next question, what BITEARN NODE tag(s) defines a NAD?  I'll leave that
as an exercise for the reader 'cause I can't remember the exact answer.
Hint, lack of one person-tag implies that another tag is the NAD.

For Internet-only sites, the reserved MAINT account is NAD.

/Pete