Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:37:24 PDT
On Jun 22, 12:57pm, "Holloway, Mike" wrote:
} Subject: Software for bouncing (resending) nonsubbed message?
} I know this is an old one, but I was hoping for some new miraculous
} breakthrough.  I use the Newsguy Usenet gateway for my list, and have to
} approve and resend the posts made to the newsgroup.  I have to look them
} over for approval till such time as I get an automoderator setup completed.
} I've been using Pine.  My ISP, cursed be their name (Concentric), just
} discontinued their shell access with absolutely no warning.  Despite the
} fact that I dispise them, it's too much trouble to lose the addresses, so I
} need a replacement for Pine's bounce command.  And no, Concentric does not
} have IMAP, so that leaves out PC-Pine.  I have a linux box set up at home,
} so I'm not totally without the ability to approve messages, but I need
} something for my work system.

Don't look at Netcom.  While Mindspring hasn't turned off shell access,
they are (for now) not offering new ones.

You might look at Primenet, which offers a combination shell/ppp account
which I have as a backup.  Not sure, try 1-800-373-2509.

You can find a list of local access numbers at www.globalcenter.net/

BTW, from the scuttlebutt I heard, Concentric had a major hardware
failure in the shell side and decided to pull the plug rather than fix
it.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507