Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Feb 1994 14:12:52 EST
On Sat, 12 Feb 1994 22:12:36 -0500 Roger Burns said:
>Is there a way to give PUT authority to a non-list-owner individual for a
>specific file?  Or rather, to give such authority to that individual *and*
>all the list-owners?

This is called a FAC (File Access Control) and is part of the FILELIST
header, not the list header.  Here's the skeleton filelist I use when I
create new lists:

*
*+ fac= listownr@UBVM     /* owner name - listname FILELIST Owner  */
*+ fac= GERLAND@UBVM      /* Jim Gerland - LISTSERV Postmaster */
*
  listname FILELIST   ALL fac V      .     .  .        .              This file
*
*

You can have as many different FACs as you need so you would create one for
the listowners to do their thing and others for the file owners.  Be sure
to include the list owners in the file owners' FAC so you can make changes
when necessary.