Wed, 9 Aug 1995 21:06:41 -0500
As no one tried to answer my question as to why the "approval" blurb
didn't appear in the latest "abomb" spam (Subject: Need Reply) I'll
ask again, slightly differently.

First, though, I'ld like to make clear than when I speak of getting spams
which I block, I do not mean I get a notification that Eric's spam filter
has blocked the things, I mean they are sent to me for approval.  UBVM has
had the spam filter almost since Eric released it, and in the intervening
months I have gotten one, and only one, notification that an item has been
blocked by the spam filter.  I assume this is because AUTOCAT is near the
beginning of lists of largish lists which these people use so I get them
before the filter goes into action. I don't know, but when I say I got and
blocked a spam I mean I personally got it for approval, just like any
other regular item from a "nonsubscriber" or through the usenet gateway.
These are not "spam filter" notifications I'm getting.  I don't fault Eric
for that, but do thank him for the various means he has provided so that
things which get through his spam filter come to me so I can decide (I'ld
rather not deal with them but I gladly use what I've got).

Now, back to the abomb item.  You may recall I said that the latest
puzzled me as viewing it with my usual mail system, even looking at "full
headers," I could not see the "approval" blurb, even though it was there
somewhere.  Yet, when I look at the item as a file rather than a mail item
in my mail "inbox," the blurb is there and there is also a "boundary" line
following the blurb which can't be seen using the mail system.  So, this
time a yes or no question, or two.  Is the reason I can't see the approval
blurb, nor the "boundary" line, when looking at the item with the mail
system, but can when I treat it as a simple file, due the "boundary"
defined in the Content-Type: field in the header?  If not, what's causing
this? If so, can anything be done to ensure that the approval blurb will
always be seen, regardless of the "boundary" definition?

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L