"Holloway, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:35:33 -0600
>I might be entirely mistaken, but IF the bit.listserv.transplant
>newsgroup were moderated, then the postings should go to you
>for approval
>to the newsgroup (assuming you have a news client that then can approve
>postings).  Wouldn't this eliminate the SENDER/FROM news/gateway REVIEW
>bruhaha?

If someone knows of a relatively painless way of doing this, please post.
Last I heard, American U still has admin control of the bit.listserv.
hierarchy, and they haven't been very responsive lately.  I'm told that many
nodes will not process the moderation change order, confusing the group
distribution.  I haven't tried it yet, but I fear that I'm going to have to
find out sooner or later.  As the size of my group grows there's more need
for moderating some posts in order to keep the noise level down.