"Cindy,Heavilin" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:22:36 -0500
We are still getting plenty of these error messages (sample below).  It
looks as if each message is going to the list and also to listserv and that is
what is kicking back the errors.  I am thinking of un-subing the whole list
and having them all re-subscribe.  That probably might help, but then
whoever has tampered with the list to cause this problem will just do it
again.  Could someone subscribe to the list and then forward every
message that they receive from the list back to listserv, therefore causing
the error message to bounce back to me as owner and the original poster?
Grabbing at straws...........

Cindy H error text (These messages are not being sent to listserv, they
are sent to the list.  I have sent to the list myself and get the same error
message from listserv.   as you can see from the 'Re: (PUGS) in the
subject line this message went to the list first and then to listserv, as I
started a new message and addresses it to pugdogs-l@ with only 'errors
still :-0' in the subject line) Date sent:              Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:35:05 -
0500 From:              "L-Soft list server at Apple (1.8d)"
Subject:                Re: [PUGS] errors still :-0 To:                 Cindy Heavilin

> There is no need to send me any more error messages.   I have received
Unknown command - "THERE". Try HELP.

> plenty!  I am still working on this.  It appears as though every message
Unknown command - "PLENTY!". Try HELP.

> sent to the list is also sent to LISTSERV and that is producing the errors.
Unknown command - "SENT". Try HELP.

> Just delete them for now and if you get a message from LISTSERV that
Unknown command - "JUST". Try HELP.

> says you have been served out, don't worry DeeDee or I will fix it for
Unknown command - "SAYS". Try HELP.

> you.  Again I apologize for this inconvenience.
Unknown command - "YOU.". Try HELP.

> Cindy
Unknown command - "CINDY". Try HELP.

Unknown command - "-------DO". Try HELP.

> Need info, help or want to reach the owners, send to:
Unknown command - "NEED". Try HELP.

Unknown command - "PUGDOGS-L-
[log in to unmask]". Try HELP.

All subsequent commands have been flushed.

Summary of resource utilization
 CPU time:        0.000 sec
 Overhead CPU:    0.000 sec
 CPU model:         200MHz Pentium Pro (320M)
 Job origin:      [log in to unmask]