Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 17:27:29 +0200
On Mon, 10 Jul 1995 15:55:23 EDT Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]> said:

>1. I have a  Send= Public list that I'd like to convert  to "1st post is
>   reviewed".   Optimally,    LISTSERV   would    allow   me    to   set
>   "Default-Options=  Review"  *and*   apply  that  to  non-subscribers,
>   allowing me  to "Set listname NOReview  FOR user" ... even  is "user"
>   was *not* a subscriber. It does not.

It should. What is the error message?

>2. Is "Send= Private,Hold" valid?

No, it's  a method  for the  editor to approve  messages. It's  also used
automatically for users with the REVIEW option. For normal users, if your
list is  set to "Private",  messages aren't  forwarded to the  editor for
approval, so there is nothing to hold.

>3. Can a list have multiple "List-ID" lines for multiple long names?

No, sorry. Each list is limited to two names. You can of course set up as
many forwarding aliases as you want in your mail system.

  Eric