Rick Troth <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 13:05:46 CDT
        Also be careful about things that the machine can see that you
cannot see.   Specifically,  I found that Pine refused to recognize the
header terminator (blank line after the RFC 822 header) because of a
single 0x20 character.   [sigh]   Elm did not exhibit this behaviour.

        In a strict legal interpretation of 822 and related docs,
Pine is doing the right thing.   I prefer Elm's interpretation.
It's a problem when converting notebooks from CMS to UNIX because
some CMS filesystems don't support a fully empty record,  so they
pad with a blank.

        Something to keep in mind.

        I had to make the MAILCONVERT program write the UNIX mailboxes
in ASCII which then meant that the users had to be careful about sending
them as "binary" with FTP (or whatever).   Really very annoying,
though not insurmountable.

--
Rick Troth, BMC Software, Inc.  <[log in to unmask]>
2101 City West Blvd., Houston, Texas, USA, 77042  713-918-1180