"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:10:00 EST
As far as I am aware, a NAD can NOT do

FOR userid UNSUB * (NETWIDE

so suppressing the output of such a pseudo command
is moot:

> for pmw2 unsub * (netwide
NETWIDE requests may not be issued on behalf of other users.

A LISTSERV-maintainer may do QUIET DEL * userid to each
LISTSERV site to which the user might be subscribed, but
of course that is NOT netwide.

If a compliant mailer is involved at the subscriber's
site, it can prevent the final delivery of e-mail.

I believe L-Mail has the option of disallowing list-related
mail but allowing person-to-person mail.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"