Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:15:13 +0200
On 12 Feb 99, at 9:16, Stanley Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Uzi Paz wrote:
[snipped]
> > In the case of removing addresses due to bounced messages I delete
> > non-quietly, but I changed the MAILTPL file in the following manner:
>
> Maybe I am missing something here Unzi, but what's the point of
> non-quietly deleting subscribers who CANNOT receive e-mail? The deletion
> notification will probably never reach the subscriber.

See my MAILTPL.   The point is, that I address the message
specifically to locate those _rare_ cases where the assumption you
made above, and thus the removal are in error.
It is addressed to answer the specific problem that was described by
Mike Furbee,  which I replied.

When owners remove address due to bounces which claim to be
permanent, without waiting a few days. In many cases the problem is
temporary but, due to the fact that the removal was immediate, the
message informing about the removal is bounced because it was posted
before the temporary problem is solved.

Uzi