Sat, 6 Feb 1999 08:26:19 -0500
Gardens was invaded by a worm/trojan horse called Happy 99.  (The victim
opens the attached exe file. It activates, installs itself, and starts
sending itself along as tandem messages with the victim's real messages.
Our victim spread it as she tried to warn us about it.)

Here is a source describing Happy 99, aliases, etc.
     http://www.pspl.com/trojan_info/win32/happy99.htm

That archive log is damaged.  Everything posted after Happy 99 is
inaccessible.  Is there a *safe* way to edit it out and retrieve the rest of
that log's information?

Anyway, during this mess.. . .  .  two *different* listowners (majordomo)
talked about disallowing or being able to exclude all attachments.

Can 1.8c LISTSERV do that?  Exclude all attachments??
             If so, **HOW**?
If not, **PLEASE** tell me that the power to exclude attachments will be
available as part of 1.8d!  That feature, in and of itself, would be worth
lobbying the UKY sysadmin for an upgrade...IMHO...because I would dearly
love to evade another bout with this particular manufactured misery.

Regards,

Barb Dorsett  mailto:[log in to unmask]
active co-listowner for Gardens  mailto:[log in to unmask]
  http://www.blueriver.net/~dorsett/notes.html