Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 17:55:17 EST
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:29:58 -0500 Anthony Aristar said:
>There exists a list whose owner does not want to move from her current
>listserv, but who would very much like to have the archives of her
>list available on the web, searchable and updated automatically.

>I'm not sure what the best way to do this is.

We've done this.  Easy to do, assuming you're running L-Soft's LISTSERV on
the machine which hosts your web server anyhow.

1) Set up a list on the web machine.
2) The list will have no subscribers (Subscription= Closed is a good idea)
3) Set up Reply-To and Sender to match the address of the other machine
   so the archives won't be confusing. (Reply-To= 'address@nodeofother'
   and Sender= 'address@nodeofother')
4) Enable Notebooks (Notebook=Yes,path,etc.)
5) Enable web archives for the list.

Then on the non-web machine, subscribe the list of the web-based machine.

Bill