Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 May 2002 13:35:10 -0400
On Sun, 5 May 2002, Pete Weiss wrote:

> I think your idea of SAFE=NO
>
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/appendb.html#keySafe
>
> and having the LISTSERV loop-detector try to intercept is a recipe for
> disaster.

I have it working fairly well with these settings:

Subscription= Open
Validate= All,Confirm
Review= Owners
Send= Public
Reply-To= [log in to unmask], ignore
Errors-To= [log in to unmask]
Service= Local
Confidential= Service
Review= Service
Notebook= Yes,/filesys/listname,Monthly,Service
Notebook-Header= Full
Filter= Only,[log in to unmask]
Safe= No
Ack= None
Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(2),Max(4),Probe(0)
Default-Options= NOACK,NOREPRO
Loopcheck= None,Spam-Delay(0)

> I'd then revert to the
>
> Filter= ALSO,[log in to unmask]

If I use "ALSO" instead of "ONLY", I get all sorts of failures from
bounced e-mails that should make it to the list. I know the manual says to
use "ONLY" only with lists that are set to "Safe= Yes", but I can't get
the list to work right without both settings. If I filter "ONLY" with all
local addresses filtered (the only place that posts from the list can go
because of the service restrictions), I can prevent looping.

-- DCP