Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:31:10 -0600
At 5:10 PM -0400 6/2/03, john clinton bradley wrote:

>In the last week, some of my subscribers have started receiving blank
>messages from the Listserv, containing only the words <<< No Message
>Collected >>>.
>
>Looking at the archives for this list, I see that other listowners have
>experienced the same issue.  However, I couldn't find a solution.  Any
>ideas?

We have several fairly small lists (<150 each), and over the past
several weeks have had numerous complaints about this.  In our case,
ALL but one (and that one may have been a misunderstanding on the
member's part) were from AOL.  Is the pattern the same for your list?

After quite a lot of help from John Lyon, we agreed that it was an
AOL problem, and not anything with the list mail.  Particularly since
no messages were bounced back by AOL.  Rather AOL accepted them, and
then they were -- poof! -- gone.  Well, <<no message collected>>
anyway.

We have thus encouraged our AOL-using members to ask AOL to remedy
the problem, or to consider moving to another ISP.  If you are
interested in what we wrote to our members, let me know, and I'll
sent it via private mail.

Suzanne Rampton
http://www.strokesafe.org