Rinc Sergej <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:33:56 +0100
  Hi,

  I am researching how (if) LISTSERV could be used to send (at least) a
predefined e-mail greeting message. I've come to this scenario so far:

1) User selects one of available greetings (a picture and fixed message),
types his and recipient's e-mail address and submits a form (on a company's
webserver).

2) JavaScript script on a page calls server script (customized FormMail.pl
for example) which sends an e-mail with From: (and Reply-To:) field set to
recipient's e-mail address to one of LISTSERV's Auto-responders (chapter
7.12.5 in sitemgr.doc).

3) Auto-responder sends a predefined e-mail (HTML format) to the recipient.

  If we leave beside on using HTML in e-mail messages, how inserting of
user's e-mail could be done (if at all)? &WHOM obviously cannot be used. Or
can it be like From: includes user's e-mail address, Reply-to includes
recipient's address and LISTSERV sends an e-mail to recipient? WHOM could
then be used in the list's template, right?

  Thanks for all replies,
Sergej Rinc
system engineer IT, SKB Banka d.d.
mailto:[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://www.skb.si <http://www.skb.si/>