Wed, 4 Nov 1992 14:06:21 EST
On Wed, 4 Nov 1992 11:21:12 CST Natalie Maynor said:
>> Here's something that puzzles me. I recently sent a posting to a list
>
>Repro=No on your bitnet account didn't have any effect on the posting because
>the listserv didn't know you were the same subscriber as the person who sent
>the internet posting.
>   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])

A SHOW ALIAS CMUVM command sent to the listserv in question (PSUVM) returns
my proper Internet node: CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU. Shouldn't this cause the listserv
to recognize me as me in either case, or am I missing something? I know
I have had the problem with some subscriptions of a Bitnet and Internet
for the same person at the same node not being recognized.

Apparently the listserv *knows* it is the same node, but sends to the
other (Internet/Bitnet) address anyway when a posting originates from
the (Bitnet/Internet) address of a user. Am I close?

Thanks to all who have responded publicly and privately. My apologies
for thrashing this point for so long.

W. K. Gorman