Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:23:42 -0400
|        May you tell me what implicit assumptions I have made?
|Especialy the ones that I made that ``do not relate to the issues at
|hand''?  I do hope that I made all of my assuptions explicit, but if I
|haven't I am most sorry...

(My reading of your assumptions had to do with (lack of) ease of access to
the mail under certain conditions.)

|        Again, *I* don't think that this applies to the issue at hand.
|Even if it DOES relate to the issue at hand (original issue), I would
|be GREATLY intrested in what it would take to set up a gateway from a
|local newsgroup to a mailing list

I don't think the mechanics of setting up a local bidirectional news
gateway are  much different than setting up the GLOBAL gateway.  You just
don't "leak" the newsgroup to the rest of Usenet.  The fun begins when you
start trying to make decisions about moderated lists and/or moderated
newsgroup; or PRIVATE vs. PUBLIC authorization to post.

Those were the essential elements of recent previous discussion (as well as
the global gateway issues at AMERICAN).
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA