rob woiccak <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 08:07:10 EST
Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]> sez:
>Someone just sent a message to my list, so INFO.NET has just sent me a
>half dozen errors:

><[log in to unmask]>... Deferred: Connection refused by mailhost.infi.net.
>Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
>Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

maybe i am misunderstanding you, but i get the impression that you think
this kind of message is coming from the subscriber's host. this bounce
is coming from the listserv host which is delivering the mail.

Philip Janus <[log in to unmask]> sez:
>I agree with you. Four hours has the feeling of a mail server set by someone
>thinking in terms of corporate email as opposed to the internet

um, i've been getting four hour bounces for as long as i've been running
mailing lists (around five years) and, for the most part, they do not come
from "corporate" mta's - the most common culprit is sendmail.

rob woiccak