Joe Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:09:19 -0500
>However, since our upgrade to 1.8d, the equal signs "=" which one of
>our lists uses for formatting and in URLs are being converted to
>"=3D", making things look different and making the links bad.

1. MIME or NOMIME?

2. What mailer program sends the messages, and what program reads them?

3. If I am to understand Steve Dorner of Eudora fame correctly, lines
beginning with - or = or F have reserved uses in the SMTP
mail-transport system and must be encoded properly. Exactly what
"properly" means, I dunno.

3'. I would certainly urge you to eliminate the =s as dividers.
You're also probably using so many of them that lines wrap for
readers using large fonts.

           Joe Clark
           <http://www.joeclark.uni.cc> (updated 2000.01.26)