Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 21:48:35 -0700
At 6:29 PM -0700 7/29/97, George Buckner wrote:
>I have also noticed that in 1.8c (is this feature new with 1.8c?) a list
>can be set SEND=EDITOR,HOLD,CONFIRM, and this will send any message that
>purports to be from the editor back to the editor for confirmation (I take
>it it does NOT do this with approvals).  I take it this would be the
>recommended procedure to address the security issue (nice touch, Lsoft).
>
>Suggestions, confirmations and denials welcome.

We use Send=Editor,Hold,Confirm on our lists, and have not had a single spam or misconfigured bounce posted to a list since we began this practice.

Sherry Beauchamp

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily