Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 23:10:20 EST
Ingrid
   You are quite right.  Christlit  uses Anastasios Kotsikonas'
LISTPROC, not Eric Thomas' LISTSERV and the person who claimed
the list was using Listserv was just mistaken.  It is amazing
how many people who should know make that mistake.   I had a
message on my list today from someone who is a listowner of a
list that is run on Majordomo and he called his list a LISTSERV!
I guess that's one of the penalties of being so successful;
people use your name generically (e.g., Xerox for copiers,
Kleenex for tissues, LISTSERV for email list distribution software!)
A private note of clarification is what I usually send in
such cases.

    Judith Hopkins
       Listowner of Autocat     [log in to unmask]