Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:37:36 -0400
A corrollary (obverse) topic is dealing with folks who want to subscribe
especially to a SEND= OPEN,CONFIRM list.

When I receive a -REQUEST from such a newbie, assuming that our
auto-response template (REQACK1) is not up to snuff, I invariably try to
have them do so themselves.  This is sort of like a driver's license test
-- they need to acquire the skills of e-mail in order to properly
interact with the list and LISTSERV.  [Later, maybe they can successfully
UNSUB themselves?!]

If they can pass, then they are "qualified."

Pete Weiss @ Penn State