Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Oct 1992 23:20:46 +0100
On Mon, 26 Oct 1992 14:09:46 PDT Richard Childers <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Sorry, folks, this was undoubtedly a forger.

I knew it was too good to be true *sigh*

>> Date:         Wed, 14 Oct 1992 14:24:47 -0500
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^
>> From: Revised List Processor (1.7d) <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject:      Output of your job "LSTOWN-L"
>> To: Richard Childers <rchilder@US>

It says 14 October. You asked to be removed from the list on the 16th. On
the 14th you posted not one but three genuine messages in which you posed
as an expert in e-mail forgery and  explained how easy it is to trace the
real origin of  a faked message. Well the date  in that supposedly forged
message  is generated  by  LISTSERV,  and not  copied  from the  incoming
message. In other words, it is  real. The 'Received:' lines show that the
INDYCMS mailer  got the message from  LISTSERV the second it  was issued,
and for some  reason it took 12  days to make it to  SMTP. Besides which,
there hasn't been any new message from  you since you left the list. This
is a very  genuine message, I'm afraid.  What would be the  point for the
people on  this list to waste  their time faking emulated  copies of your
misinformed  statements  when  the  originals are  more  than  enough  to
discredit you?  What's next,  is someone  going to  be accused  of having
faked a picture of your daughter  in an embarassing situation and used it
to force you to leave a list in which you never really belonged?

  Eric