George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:52:07 -0400
A very curious situation has arisen which I can't make sense of.

I own list PSYCHE-B.  I also own (and moderate) ASSC-SEMINAR1.  I have
received several errors, like the one below, where PSYCHE-B is being
notified of an error in response to a message that actually originates
from ASSC-SEMINAR1.  The heart of the error seems to be understandable
enough (recipient mailbox is full), but why isn't this showing up as
"ASSC-SEMINAR1: error report from BANYAN.PSY.VU.NL" in the subject?
It looks as if the mailer daemon has simply decided to address it to
PSYCHE-B instead.

Furthermore, it says that the mail origin is in the "Filter=" list for
Psyche-B.  I haven't defined a Filter= list for Psyche-B.  (Have I?)
Is this something the listserv adminstrator could have set somewhere else?

Suggestions welcome.

George Buckner
Owner, Psyche-*, ASSC-* @LISTSERV.UH.EDU

-------------------------
> Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:50:09 -0500 (CDT)
>Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 03:56:14 +0100 (MET)
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Undeliverable Message
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>To:            <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:       Watt: Discussion with Chapman and Nakamura
>
>Message not delivered to recipients below.  Press F1 for help with VNM
>error codes.
>
>       VNM3043:  MKD Schouten@Psychonomie@fpp
>

>VNM3043 -- MAILBOX IS FULL
>
>   The message cannot be delivered because the
>   recipient's mailbox contains the maximum number of
>   messages, as set by the system administrator.  The
>   recipient must delete some messages before any
>   other messages can be delivered.
>    The maximum message limit for a user's mailbox is
>   10,000.  The default message limit is 1000 messages.
>   Administrators can set message limits using the
>   Mailbox  Settings function available in the
>   Manage User menu  (MUSER).
>
>   When a user's mailbox reaches the limit, the
>   user must delete some of the messages before
>   the mailbox can accept any more incoming messages.

  The Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness
>                     Electronic Seminar
>
>                 EMOTION AND CONSCIOUSNESS
>
>            http://www.phil.vt.edu/assc/esem.html
>
>            September 21, 1998 - October 9, 1998
>

>Thoughts on Chapman and Nakamura's "PAG and Human Emotion" Commentary

<remainder deleted>