Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Charles Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jan 2017 12:38:21 -0800
text/plain (34 lines)
This explains what I was experiencing.

Though the log files for previous compilation periods are no longer available for reporting via the web interface, they can still be retrieved by email command. This just now got me our file for year 2016:

GET PROSTATE CHANGELOG-2016

The online keyword description for this states:

"Rotated logs are renamed to listname.CHANGELOG-yyyy[mm[dd|w]] and can be retrieved as usual with the GET command.”

Charles

> On Jan 26, 2017, at 11:41 AM, Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> The list activity report from the web interface does use the list changelog file, and the changelog file is only present if enabled in the list configuration. (It is not enabled by default.) It does include POST records in addition to ADD/SUB/DEL, etc.
>  
> There is also a system-wide changelog that can be enabled by the site administrator. It only counts message distribution (MAIL/MAIL-MERGE), but does so for all lists.
>  
> Neither the list-level nor site-wide changelog is retroactive. I.e., if you enable it today, you don’t get access to stats from last month.
>  
> In general, I use Change-Log=Yes, rather than Change-Log=Yearly or any other interval. It’s a plain text file, and unless you have millions of ADD/DELETE command yearly, the file is unlikely to get very large very quickly. Once the log is rotated, it is no longer available for reporting via the web interface. 
> -- 
> Liam Kelly
> Senior Consulting Analyst
> L-Soft international

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2