Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 16:42:36 GMT
On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 17:53:06 -0500, Fred Atkinson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>How do I limit the number of lines in a digest?  I keep getting these
>error messages from 'Juno' users on my list.
>552 <[log in to unmask]>... Message is too large; 61440 bytes max

You can control the digest cut-off size with the Size(number) part of the
Digest= Keyword.  (See Appendix B of List Owners Manual for details).

However, you will need to make this quite small to fit Juno mailbox
limits.  If you have an active list, this will result in several digests
per day, which will upset the non-Juno subscribers who want only digest
per day.  The best course is to simply tell Juno subscribers their free
service has limits that prevent them from subscribing to Digest.  They
can either get all msgs (and clear them daily) or get a 'real' mailbox on
a more accomodating service.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]