Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Oct 1993 22:36:48 EDT
On Thu, 30 Sep 1993 23:14:33 PDT you said:
>Hello, all.  I could use your help in solving the following problem:
>A user on my list sends messages to the list, but they are not distributed,
>instead coming to me in this error report:

 ...text deleted...
>Error occurred  while processing file 8280  from [log in to unmask]:
>"Mail has been received for list MGSA-L from a user which has been served out".
 This means that LISTSERV access to the indicated address has been
 "suspended" either explicitly by a "SERVE user@node OFF" command from
 the LISTSERV postmaster, or by LISTSERV itself in response to excessive
 bad commands.  Either way, you can restore his/her LISTSERV privs by
 getting the LISTSERV postmaster to send the following command.

   SERVE [log in to unmask] ON

 But I'd suggest watching out mail delivery notices related to problems
 reaching that address in the future.  If LISTSERV decided on it's own
 to disable the address, it's probably because a mail gateway (or the
 user's local mail system) sends delivery notices to the wrong place.
 So LISTSERV may be ignoring mail from that address to prevent an
 infinite mail loop.

 -jj