"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Mar 1993 19:22:00 EST
>On Fri, 19  Mar 1993 12:56:13 CST  Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
>said:

> (...)   . It  was not  something you  could demand  that Harold  do. The
>problem you described remains unsolved, and I am not happy about that.

Just to give a little more info, it would appear that ra.msstate.edu
is "MX"ed to a single host TuT.MsState.Edu (with 3 "A" records).  They
are "nameserved" by three hosts: two in the msstate.edu domain, and
the other at trantor.umd.edu.

So if there were availability with or thru the "MX" host, that would
definitely maybe cause problems with RA.MSSTATE.EDU.

Likewise, it there were a problem in Name Serving (less likely) that
too would inhibit timely delivery.

Thanks Melvin for your invaluable training and patience on things
net-worked (or more to the point -- net-broken).

/Pete