Mon, 25 May 1998 02:58:11 -0500
> A list reader relates in getting this error message from the list. I have
> never heard of it. Can someone shed some light on it?

> >The semaphore timeout period has expired.

I don't recall seeing the "semaphore" before but that just means
signal, or code, or signal code.  It's jsut a timeout message, I would
think.  One system or another is saying it has expended as much time
on this as it is programmed to expend, message undeliverable.  I wouldn't
hazrd anything further without the full error message, maybe even what
the person sent.

Did the error originate at AOL or the senders' system?  What was the
person sending and to what address did he send it?  Very important,
is this a one time error or recurrent?  If one time, not worth worrying
about; if recurrent, should be investigated.

Douglas