Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 13:08:08 EDT
On Wed, 9 Aug 1995 11:39:51 -0500 Ingrid H. Shafer said:
>It is easy to subscribe users with multiple addresses under ALL those
>addresses and set them nomail on all but one of the addresses if they
>don't want to receive multiple copies of posts.

Not only is it not easy but:
- - Many subscribers don't have any idea which email address they will (or will
  one day) be translated to.  Plus such things seem to change anyhow each time
  someone at a computer center buys a new toy.
- - Having extra people subscribed slows down LISTSERV.
- - Having extra people subscribed can cost money if you are licensing LISTSERV
  on a point basis.

(And in case anybody is wondering, no, I don't know either how Geert and I
agreed on something twice in a row :-))

Bill Gruber
City University of New York Computer Center