John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:56:35 -0400
> On 1 Oct 2001, John Lyon wrote:
>
> > If you have:  Subscription= Closed   in your list header ("closed list"
> > as you say), "join or leave the list" will not be displayed, so I must
> > assume you have something different.
>
> Sorry, you're right, I have:
>
>  Subscription= By owner
>  Validate= Yes,Confirm
>
> Any way to eliminate the WWW "join" option in this setup?  The Validate
> docs don't refer to it, I did not realize Validate would affect it.

If you delete the below text from the WWW_INDEX, that will remove the link
from the page.

.bb &KWD(SUBSCRIPTION,1) ^= CLOSED
<li>&SUBA;Join or leave the list (or change settings)</a>
.eb

Validate= Yes, Confirm   does not require confirmation with a subscribe,
only with Validate= All,Confirm   The problem is when subscribing via web,
all subscriptions must be confirmed.