"Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 15:24:36 -0800
There was recently a question on Lstown about web-based utilities to
search mail logs.  I know of one, http://medinfo.org that is very good.
It presents the archives of most, if not all, of the cancer lists on the
net.  Check it out.  I have heard of other sites doing this as well.

It would be neat if there were software packages that a site could
install, so that this was not only done well, but done *uniformly*.
Just as the listserv commands are the same at every site (running the
same version), the web search interface could be the same.  If LSoft
did it that would be the best, especially if the web site had the
same database search functionality as the listserv database.  But you
don't need every bell and whistle, especially at first.  It would be
really neat if that was a part of the listserv package somehow.  One
thing that people could use it for is when they lose their digest, like
if they accidentally delete it; they can go the web site, and ask for all
articles for a given day, which recreates their digest (if it is a daily
digest).  There would be many other uses I am sure.

Kevin