"Peter C.S. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Feb 2036 02:06:27 -0500
Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> My impression is that the one at the TOP of  the Digest is the exact same
> one as at the bottom of each individual distribution.  Thus, cutting off
> one will cut off the other.  If you don't have individual "MAIL"
> distributions, then it probably is OK.

I checked the manual and it appears that in a digest, BOTTOM_BANNER is moved
to the top of the digest (!) and displayed once. The manual is unclear on
whether this is before or after DIGEST-H. It also makes no mention of which
banner is used in a digest if rotating banners are used. Alas, there is no
such thing as a "digest footer" or "digest bottom banner."

This behavior strikes me as highly illogical. It would seem to make more
sense to make BOTTOM_BANNER mail-only and DIGEST-H digest-only (perhaps
defaulting to the value of BOTTOM_BANNER if there is no DIGEST-H defined.)

Joe, I apologize if the info I gave you before was wrong or misleading. What
you want to do is put your digest-specific instructions in DIGEST-H and then
add ",BOTTOM_BANNER" to the DIGEST= keyword in the list header. This will
force the bottom banner to repeat at the bottom of each message throughout
the digest. It is not clear if they will rotate. (And yes, that will become
a tad redundant after a while, too!)

--
Peter C.S. Adams <[log in to unmask]>