"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:49:36 -0400

>Hiya,
>
>I thought I remembered someone mentioning here that
>it was possible to hide one's list header from
>public viewing.  I searched the list archives
>and looked thru the LSoft documentation and
>didn't find the how-to on it.  Am I mistaken
>that this is possible?

*Review= By owner

Actually, this hides the subscriber list.

*Confidential= Yes

This will, I believe, hide the list headers from public viewing, unless
the person knows exactly what and where they are looking for the
information.  For example, if somebody wanted to look at my list header,
since it is confidential and not catalogable (is that a word?) by any list
of lists, they would have to issue a request to listserv to subscribe to
the list.  They would get the header information, but not the list of
people subscribed to the list, as I understand it.  Please correct me if I
am wrong.

>Also, I note than on the LSoft CataList site
>when I pull up information on my list, it's
>possible to view the list header from there.

You can hide that with the

*Confidential= Yes

line in your list header.

Actually, how does CataList react if it already has your list mapped, and
then youir list goes to confidential?  Likewise, a similar question for
the other services, similar in nature (Liszt?  Did I spell that
correctly?).

>Out for now,
>Betty

Hope that helps.