Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:24:07 -0500
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Wes Anderson wrote:

> I cannot find any detailed documentation anywhere on "rejected postings".  I
> have e-mails being rejected because they "look like a listserv command" but
> this is very clearly not the case.

Since this is getting to be one of those "stump the admin" questions, did
you check that the postings are really rejected?  Just in case you have
an automated subscriber (like an OOF) on one of those evil mail systems
that bounces without changing the header.  We've all seen the case where
subscribers are confused by the "posting rejected because it appears to be
a duplicate" situation caused by bimbo mailers.  I'm wondering if your
posts are working fine, but you're getting a misdirected rejection notice
from a subscriber running a program: "Thanks for your inquiry...".

                                              -Kary