"Mark R. Williamson" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 17:11:56 CDT
>I recognise the problem and sympathise. I will have a chat with our mail
>system administrator and see if we can come up with something to work
>around this.

Dom, how about something as simple as sending only one bounce per subscriber
(list/recipient pair) per day?  That would cut way down on the error message
traffic for lists with high message-per-day rates, though I admit it wouldn't
do much for the digest distribution lists I manage (which send one message
per day at most, but the messages are huge).

I don't want to prevent demon subscribers from joining my lists, but I do
treat even one 31-day message as permanent.

Perhaps a little user education (by demon of its subscribers, with respect
to picking up list mail on a timely basis or suspending themselves) would
help?  At least tell them that letting bounces pile up makes listowners mad
and them and at you.

Mark R. Williamson, Rice U., Houston TX; [log in to unmask]