Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 15:54:27 MST
On Wed, 7 Aug 1996 16:18:01 -0500 LYDIA FISH said:
>>   I still don't see why Aldo doesn't simply have autodelete turned on for
>>his list.  It works great.  It will save him all the trouble. It is automatic.
>>Eric wrote it.  What else can you ask for, Aldo?
>
>Dear Dan
>
>Can you please explain how autodelete works?

   Well, If autodelete is on, which I think is default, then those that get
over X bounces in Y time (I don't worry about the details or how the code
was written) AND the bounces conform to various RFCs and LISTSERV can thus
tell what the bounces are for, they'll get deleted.  I think more details
are in the manual....but I've got to get back to some problems with our
lame GroupWise system.

Eric or Nathan will probably tell more soon.

dan

  Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
  Albertsons Library, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho 83725 USA
  [log in to unmask]             http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
  How can one fool make another wise?  Kansas, "No One Together," 1979