Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:59:39 -0500
If the quoted-printable stuff really bugs you, or your subscribers
(especially digest), there is a labor intensive way of getting rid of
it; edit.  With the right system you can edit anything, including the
email headers, which is what you have to do here (unless you want to
manually remove the "=", "=20". etc.)  Editing the header will also fix
those urls which are garbled by quoted-printable.  I use UNIX/LINUX Pine,
and it is easy to do, though it does take time.  I don't know what other
systems currently available make this possible.

You can edit before initial distribution, or, if it is only the DIGEST
that you are worried about, you can edit that separately.  Just GET,
edit, then PUT listname DIGEST .  Oh, and of course for editing before
initial distribution everyone, or at least all those using
quoted-printable, will have to be set REVIEW, or NOEDITOR or something of
the sort so that you will be sent the approval item.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]