Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:37:38 -0400
On 22 Aug 00, at 9:19, Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> >Or use the LISTSERV(R) PROBE feature of all recipients (one time).
>
> This could be useful, even if annoying to some of the list members, in
> situations where otherwise you don't have a clue.

If you use passive probing, rather than active probing, it won't
annoy the list members as they will not even know it's happening.

> How does one do this?

To force a passive probe on everyone on the list, set your Auto-
Delete to:

Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Max(x),Delay(y),Probe(1)

The "Probe(1)" is the part that forces a probe to go out everyone.
I'm pretty sure that it only goes out on the first message of the
day, so wait for one day before removing the Probe(1). "x" and "y"
should be whatever you have Max and Delay currently set to.

Francoise